It was over seven months ago, October 2019 that I scheduled this Summer Reading Program topic. Little did I know at the time, that I’d have to reinvent the piece, and “imagine a different story.”
The realities of COVID-19 impact libraries and how we offer services and programs. We’re looking for new and interesting ways to reimagine our Summer Reading Programs while experiencing challenges unlike anything we’ve ever known.
MeL’s eResources have never been more relevant to libraries than they are today. They offer innovative and creative solutions in our current “social distancing-world.” MeL’s eBooks Collections provide unique support for Summer Reading Programs. And, there’s never been a better time or a more captive audience, ripe for the message:
“we’re here for you, we want to help, and we’re free – use us!”
MeL’s eResources include eBook Collections for the following audiences:
MeL’s eBooks Collections offer the following features:
Best of all, eBooks used in conjunction with other eResources can help make programming a dream. They contain tools and resources to create online programs, literally “at your fingertips.” The following are just a few:
· Britannica School: eBooks, images, videos, magazines, Web's Best Sites, Primary Sources & more
· Explora for Public Libraries: Access thousands of eBooks including craft and cookbooks
· Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center: Knitting and crochet patterns, cookbooks, and more
· NoveList Plus: Book lists, including read-a-likes and listen-a-likes, and reading recommendations
· NoveList Plus K-8: Book lists, including read-a-likes and reading recommendations
· PebbleGo: Activity sheets are available for every topic
· World Book Kids: Hundreds of activities and science projects
New to using eBooks? Check out our video tutorial on MeL eBook Collections, or PDF documentation on eBook Learning, & eBooks FAQ’s. They will walk you through the ins and outs of accessing, reading, and downloading eBooks.
If you have MeL eResource questions or issues, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brought to you by Ann Kaskinen of the MeL Team.
Supporting Michigan Libraries by Putting You First.
MeL eResources are available to Michigan residents or for Michigan library or school access only.