Looking to take your business idea to the next level but not sure where to start? Have no fear—Gale’s DemographicsNow: Business & People has you covered. DemographicsNow, or DemoNow for short, is a highly customizable, cloud-based collection of rich business and demographic data provided by the Michigan Electronic Library (www.MeL.org) at no cost to all citizens, libraries, and businesses in Michigan.
Those seeking business and entrepreneurial research assistance have easy access to real time demographic, purchasing, and consumer behavior reports, to name a few. DemoNow also supports existing business owners looking to expand. They can accurately identify the location of a particular demographic they wish to target, and pull insight needed to make intelligent business decisions through this suite of demographics, statistics, and census data. Here are 8 ways DemoNow transforms local businesses:
1. Customer upload and data blending — Users can obtain Census block-group demographic data, maps, and more on their actual customers. Other eye-opening data is also available for B2B businesses.
2. Advanced mapping — Customizable and printable maps show road, aerial, or base views. With advanced mapping tools, powered by Google Maps, people and business demographics can be thematically colored and more.
3. Demographic data — Easy to generate reports on any geography—or comparing multiple geographies — for information including income, housing, race, age, education, retail spending, consumer expenditures, and more via the U.S. Census, American Community Survey, and other authoritative sources.
4. Out-of-business lists —Great for scoping out potential locations with over 12 million records, so entrepreneurs can see failures of similar businesses.
5. Data visualization tool — Ability to use custom GIS files as geographies with the ability to extract household/business demographics, names and addresses, and customer segmentation data directly from the mapping tool.
6. Simmons National Consumer Study — Brings consumer targets to life with vivid and complete profiles, including lifestyles, attitudes, brand preferences and media use. The nationally representative study is the result of a comprehensive, continuously fielded survey of approximately 25,000 U.S. adults.
7. Unique Data — Users can rely on comprehensive and trusted core datasets, including Simmons National Consumer Study, American Community Survey, Experian MOSAIC consumer lifestyle segmentation data, traffic counts data, and the ability to capture demographic data by school districts.
8. Interoperability — Users can enter a geography once and it will apply throughout the product without having to be reentered.
Brought to you by the MeL Team and Gale.
Supporting Michigan Libraries by Putting You First.
MeL eResources are available to Michigan residents or for Michigan library or school access only.