Learning in Place
Please check back regularly for updates to this page.
Open access to a special collection of eBooks for elementary, middle and high school students. eBooks are available to read online or offline. If you are reading offline, you will need to download Britannica's iPublishCentral Reader.
- Elementary Spanish
- Elementary STEAM
- Elementary ELA
- Middle School Social Studies
- Middle School STEAM
- High School STEM
- High School World History
Availability: now until June 30, 2020
A wide range of free resources are available on EBSCO's COVID-19 site. For MeL, EBSCO is providing additional open access to two eResources. MeL's subscription to Academic Search Complete is upgraded to Academic Search Ultimate, EBSCO's top level of academic content. Access to Business Source Ultimate is new, additional content that is not currently in MeL.
Availability: now until June 28, 2020
Academic Search Ultimate
Business Source Ultimate
Free access to the following types of resources:
- Curriculum Content: Interdisciplinary, curriculum-aligned resources to support online learning from pre-K through undergraduate. Excellent tools for public libraries supporting school communities. Look for this in the Enhance Instruction area of Gale’s COVID-19 site. This includes open access to the following:
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy
- Kids InfoBits
- Gale In Context: Middle School
- Gale In Context: High School
- Gale In Context: College
- Gale In Context: Canada
- Training: Live and on-demand training materials to help partners optimize their existing resources
- Supporting Online Learning: Professional development eBooks to help those transitioning to and strengthening virtual learning
- Expert Insights: Authoritative Gale resources to support research on health-related topics and global issues
Availability: as long as needed
Capstone is providing a variety of content. The full suite of PebbleGo Modules is now available in addition to some modules from PebbleGo Next and Capstone’s Interactive eBook collection. Each collection has different expiration dates.
Special Collection: MeL Summer Reading eBooks
Content for students in PreK-1st grade. This eBook collection is specifically for young readers.
Expires on 8/31/20
Content for students in PreK - 3rd grade. MeL modules include Animals and Social Studies. Additional modules include Science, Dinosaurs, Health, and Biographies. Spanish content is also available for all modules.
Expires on 8/15/20
NOTE: Look for “Sign In” button in upper right corner of screen. Use PebbleGo username and password sign in boxes, do not sign in with Google.
Content for students in grades 3-5. Available modules include Science, Social Studies and Biographies.
Expires on 8/15/20
NOTE: Look for “Log In” button in upper right corner of screen. Use the default sign in option - PebbleGo username and password sign in boxes at the bottom of the sign in window. Do not login with Google or Capstone.
Capstone Interactive (eBooks)
Expires on June 30, 2020
NOTE: Look for the “Log In” button in the upper right corner of screen. Use the default sign in option - Capstone Interactive username and password sign in boxes at the bottom of the sign in window. Do not login with Google or Capstone.
World Book is providing access to eBook content.
Availability: Now until Jun 30, 2020
- World Book eBooks
Additional distance learning resources: https://www.worldbookonline.com/training/distance-learning/distance-learning.htm