MeL - Michigan eLibraryMeL - Michigan eLibrary

Fair Lane, located in Dearborn, Michigan, was the beloved family home of Clara and Henry Ford from 1915 until 1950. Upon Clara’s death, it was given to Ford Motor Company, and in 1957 Ford donated the estate and the farmlands to the University of Michigan for construction of the Dearborn campus. In 1966, it was among the first in the nation to receive the prestigious designation as a National Historic Landmark from the National Register of Historic Places.

Classification